Krita the Digital Painting App now on Steam!
Visit Krita on Steam
Krita’s mascot, Kiki the Cyber Squirrel is here to spread the word! I designed her and made the pictures above. You shall meet her again in Krita 2.8’s startup splash! Like her? Get the wallpaper version here, supports popular resolutions on PC, smartphones and pads.
My Krita Tutorial.
Krita is the only digital painting tool I’m using. It is a free (as in freedom) and open source software. It offers a sophisticated brush system, packs in almost everything that a digital painter needs and is very easy to use.
Krita supports Windows and GNU/Linux. Now the develop team is trying to get Greenlight on Steam, please help them (and thus helps everyone)! Visit Krita on Steam.
Krita’s steam page has a detailed feature list. Here I would like to talk about a few things that I really like about Krita as an artist:
- Krita’s brush system is fast and smooth. It is optimized for graphics tablets with pressure support.
- Ruler tool assistance when drawing long curves (something comparable to SAI).
- It doesn’t draw jigsaws when zoomed out (my nightmare when using Adobe Photoshop).
Krita has a highly customizable user interface. The interactive design is very intuitive to use. Here is a glimpse:
Basic brush tool operations:
- Shift + drag = Change brush size
- Ctrl = temporary color picker
- Middle button + hover movement = Move canvas
- Ctrl + Middle button + hover movement up / down = Zoom canvas
- Shift + Middle button + hover movement around = Rotate canvas
Right click and you get:
- Color wheel
- Recently used colors
- Favorite tool presents
- Supports layer with many mixing method
- Supports layer group
- Supports layer mask
High quality resize with Lanczos3 filter. It doesn’t produce inferior shrinking result that Adobe Photoshop does sometimes.
- GPU accelerated, fast high quality canvas zooming & rotation
- Realtime mirrored view mode
- Color management support
Free as in Freedom:
Krita is free (libre) and open source software. Its source codes are publicly available. You can study, modify, and distribute Krita without restriction. You can learn more about Free Software Movement.
- My Krita Tutorial
- Krita’s Official website
- Krita’s Steam page
- Krita’s DA group
- Krita Foundation on tumblr
David Revoy has been making tutorials and resources for Krita, available on his website. If you are new to Krita, make sure to visit his place for some useful tips and brushes! Please visit David’s website.
29814 Notes/ Hide
- j-e-ll-a-l reblogged this from pastelic-filth
- j-e-ll-a-l likes this
- pastelic-filth reblogged this from site-3
- tsyuyae likes this
- floorcakeee likes this
- floorcakeee reblogged this from 3amstars
- turnoff360 likes this
- garnetspark reblogged this from turntechgoddanmit
- turntechgoddanmit reblogged this from calmdownkarkat
- turntechgoddanmit likes this
- pettankos likes this
- danchoutouchmyeyebrows likes this
- aobau likes this
- shota-shinji reblogged this from intothecoldbluenight
- wraths-pledge reblogged this from artiststoolbox
- seahorsecake likes this
- calmdownkarkat likes this
- calmdownkarkat reblogged this from intothecoldbluenight
- lamppudraws reblogged this from kettuhattu
- intothecoldbluenight reblogged this from pisang-nyungsep
- pisang-nyungsep reblogged this from tysontan
- soyaneko likes this
- ask-3d-pony likes this
- thekawaiipineapple likes this
- narcolepticbunny likes this
- berlinsonlyelephant likes this
- half-a-pair likes this
- yeoms likes this
- lemon-kinenbi likes this
- lifeofabumblingbee likes this
- tangledthorns likes this
- rikki-tiki-tavi reblogged this from jackiefrosts
- darkness-unleashed likes this
- immahungrycarrot reblogged this from kingoikawa
- stableye likes this
- thelonelyballoon likes this
- koukonut reblogged this from kingoikawa
- koukonut likes this
- titanshiftermarco likes this
- spicysoda likes this
- kingoikawa reblogged this from amespice
- mr-senpai likes this
- amespice reblogged this from ehugs
- eccotii likes this
- kenerty likes this
- senpapi-claws reblogged this from kylebrofloski
- senpapi-claws likes this