Krita the Digital Painting App now on Steam!
Visit Krita on Steam
Krita’s mascot, Kiki the Cyber Squirrel is here to spread the word! I designed her and made the pictures above. You shall meet her again in Krita 2.8’s startup splash! Like her? Get the wallpaper version here, supports popular resolutions on PC, smartphones and pads.
My Krita Tutorial.
Krita is the only digital painting tool I’m using. It is a free (as in freedom) and open source software. It offers a sophisticated brush system, packs in almost everything that a digital painter needs and is very easy to use.
Krita supports Windows and GNU/Linux. Now the develop team is trying to get Greenlight on Steam, please help them (and thus helps everyone)! Visit Krita on Steam.
Krita’s steam page has a detailed feature list. Here I would like to talk about a few things that I really like about Krita as an artist:
- Krita’s brush system is fast and smooth. It is optimized for graphics tablets with pressure support.
- Ruler tool assistance when drawing long curves (something comparable to SAI).
- It doesn’t draw jigsaws when zoomed out (my nightmare when using Adobe Photoshop).
Krita has a highly customizable user interface. The interactive design is very intuitive to use. Here is a glimpse:
Basic brush tool operations:
- Shift + drag = Change brush size
- Ctrl = temporary color picker
- Middle button + hover movement = Move canvas
- Ctrl + Middle button + hover movement up / down = Zoom canvas
- Shift + Middle button + hover movement around = Rotate canvas
Right click and you get:
- Color wheel
- Recently used colors
- Favorite tool presents
- Supports layer with many mixing method
- Supports layer group
- Supports layer mask
High quality resize with Lanczos3 filter. It doesn’t produce inferior shrinking result that Adobe Photoshop does sometimes.
- GPU accelerated, fast high quality canvas zooming & rotation
- Realtime mirrored view mode
- Color management support
Free as in Freedom:
Krita is free (libre) and open source software. Its source codes are publicly available. You can study, modify, and distribute Krita without restriction. You can learn more about Free Software Movement.
- My Krita Tutorial
- Krita’s Official website
- Krita’s Steam page
- Krita’s DA group
- Krita Foundation on tumblr
David Revoy has been making tutorials and resources for Krita, available on his website. If you are new to Krita, make sure to visit his place for some useful tips and brushes! Please visit David’s website.
29827 Notes/ Hide
- pocksdots likes this
- thequeenofsassbutts likes this
- thecaptainreviews likes this
- galaxy-stomps reblogged this from tysontan
- a-sky-full-of-fandoms likes this
- mysteriousmrl reblogged this from tysontan
- mysteriousmrl likes this
- iwantreferences reblogged this from nennesis
- varioushues likes this
- stuhp likes this
- official-kitten likes this
- slendysucre reblogged this from nestletrollhouse
- f-imaginings likes this
- nestletrollhouse reblogged this from marchdualscar
- mr-mayor-eddie reblogged this from killercatnipbee
- canuckistanicefront reblogged this from cheeseburgerapocalypse
- wingless-tori likes this
- icanputwhateverherewii reblogged this from tysontan
- philosophicalcomicexperience likes this
- kawaiipancakes reblogged this from characterdevelopmentresources
- kawaiipancakes likes this
- mizulily likes this
- jennathewriter likes this
- starrmin reblogged this from characterdevelopmentresources
- mroopthemernerd likes this
- fendelaguerre likes this
- characterdevelopmentresources reblogged this from artiststoolbox
- thesciencemouse likes this
- batprincev likes this
- differently-normal reblogged this from xing2lee
- killercatnipbee reblogged this from turntechgoddanmit
- killercatnipbee likes this
- turntechgoddanmit reblogged this from turntechgoddanmit
- atackonwhat likes this
- lostinthevoid1 reblogged this from blambino
- livelyknight likes this
- blambino reblogged this from gummydicksandpixiestixs
- ask-artemisfrost likes this
- akirefs reblogged this from shota-shinji
- theknittingfox likes this
- elzabeth-cat reblogged this from art-by-ale
- bazzlee reblogged this from calmdownkarkat
- henrylovessnaps likes this
- j-e-ll-a-l reblogged this from pastelic-filth
- j-e-ll-a-l likes this
- pastelic-filth reblogged this from site-3
- tsyuyae likes this
- floorcakeee likes this