Krita the Digital Painting App now on Steam!
Visit Krita on Steam
Krita’s mascot, Kiki the Cyber Squirrel is here to spread the word! I designed her and made the pictures above. You shall meet her again in Krita 2.8’s startup splash! Like her? Get the wallpaper version here, supports popular resolutions on PC, smartphones and pads.
My Krita Tutorial.
Krita is the only digital painting tool I’m using. It is a free (as in freedom) and open source software. It offers a sophisticated brush system, packs in almost everything that a digital painter needs and is very easy to use.
Krita supports Windows and GNU/Linux. Now the develop team is trying to get Greenlight on Steam, please help them (and thus helps everyone)! Visit Krita on Steam.
Krita’s steam page has a detailed feature list. Here I would like to talk about a few things that I really like about Krita as an artist:
- Krita’s brush system is fast and smooth. It is optimized for graphics tablets with pressure support.
- Ruler tool assistance when drawing long curves (something comparable to SAI).
- It doesn’t draw jigsaws when zoomed out (my nightmare when using Adobe Photoshop).
Krita has a highly customizable user interface. The interactive design is very intuitive to use. Here is a glimpse:
Basic brush tool operations:
- Shift + drag = Change brush size
- Ctrl = temporary color picker
- Middle button + hover movement = Move canvas
- Ctrl + Middle button + hover movement up / down = Zoom canvas
- Shift + Middle button + hover movement around = Rotate canvas
Right click and you get:
- Color wheel
- Recently used colors
- Favorite tool presents
- Supports layer with many mixing method
- Supports layer group
- Supports layer mask
High quality resize with Lanczos3 filter. It doesn’t produce inferior shrinking result that Adobe Photoshop does sometimes.
- GPU accelerated, fast high quality canvas zooming & rotation
- Realtime mirrored view mode
- Color management support
Free as in Freedom:
Krita is free (libre) and open source software. Its source codes are publicly available. You can study, modify, and distribute Krita without restriction. You can learn more about Free Software Movement.
- My Krita Tutorial
- Krita’s Official website
- Krita’s Steam page
- Krita’s DA group
- Krita Foundation on tumblr
David Revoy has been making tutorials and resources for Krita, available on his website. If you are new to Krita, make sure to visit his place for some useful tips and brushes! Please visit David’s website.
29951 Notes/ Hide
- hola-huron likes this
- janetheeverlastingkiller13 likes this
- scribe-tater likes this
- hornyhugh likes this
- helveten likes this
- sketchue reblogged this from xpiester333x
- utukis likes this
- distortedcapriciousheart likes this
- mitsu-chan likes this
- zoroism likes this
- xpiester333x reblogged this from keijipx
- ask-nightraxx-and-roaring-rhythm likes this
- xpaprika likes this
- gmdude reblogged this from gimmetitanstuck
- edensdesolation likes this
- commandingofficercutie likes this
- seacanaryy reblogged this from yeeahbo
- nivanfieldiscanon likes this
- bone-prince reblogged this from gimmetitanstuck
- bone-prince likes this
- land-of-cats-and-boredom likes this
- 50-shades-of-slay likes this
- seeveekat likes this
- gimmetitanstuck reblogged this from gothwhitewerewolf
- gothwhitewerewolf reblogged this from spun-foonerisms
- clockworkfandoms reblogged this from meru-insp
- furiousbutterchurner likes this
- fifty-percent-exotic likes this
- milkwing likes this
- cnwhite likes this
- julietearth likes this
- juno-no likes this
- aimsme reblogged this from lamppudraws
- ask-hvitt-universo likes this
- this-is-morgans-fault reblogged this from pizzahutpaladin
- brokebackmntdew likes this
- twangton2 likes this
- thebrokenpeace likes this
- chilliyo reblogged this from luna-starbright
- hatcrow likes this
- nationofone likes this
- ask-mononoke-arthur likes this
- lostatwonderland likes this
- sorasafaia likes this
- chubby-nugget reblogged this from pastel-parakeet
- lavenderposy likes this
- avarenity likes this
- kanaria92 likes this
- kare-valgon likes this