Krita the Digital Painting App now on Steam!
Visit Krita on Steam
Krita’s mascot, Kiki the Cyber Squirrel is here to spread the word! I designed her and made the pictures above. You shall meet her again in Krita 2.8’s startup splash! Like her? Get the wallpaper version here, supports popular resolutions on PC, smartphones and pads.
My Krita Tutorial.
Krita is the only digital painting tool I’m using. It is a free (as in freedom) and open source software. It offers a sophisticated brush system, packs in almost everything that a digital painter needs and is very easy to use.
Krita supports Windows and GNU/Linux. Now the develop team is trying to get Greenlight on Steam, please help them (and thus helps everyone)! Visit Krita on Steam.
Krita’s steam page has a detailed feature list. Here I would like to talk about a few things that I really like about Krita as an artist:
- Krita’s brush system is fast and smooth. It is optimized for graphics tablets with pressure support.
- Ruler tool assistance when drawing long curves (something comparable to SAI).
- It doesn’t draw jigsaws when zoomed out (my nightmare when using Adobe Photoshop).
Krita has a highly customizable user interface. The interactive design is very intuitive to use. Here is a glimpse:
Basic brush tool operations:
- Shift + drag = Change brush size
- Ctrl = temporary color picker
- Middle button + hover movement = Move canvas
- Ctrl + Middle button + hover movement up / down = Zoom canvas
- Shift + Middle button + hover movement around = Rotate canvas
Right click and you get:
- Color wheel
- Recently used colors
- Favorite tool presents
- Supports layer with many mixing method
- Supports layer group
- Supports layer mask
High quality resize with Lanczos3 filter. It doesn’t produce inferior shrinking result that Adobe Photoshop does sometimes.
- GPU accelerated, fast high quality canvas zooming & rotation
- Realtime mirrored view mode
- Color management support
Free as in Freedom:
Krita is free (libre) and open source software. Its source codes are publicly available. You can study, modify, and distribute Krita without restriction. You can learn more about Free Software Movement.
- My Krita Tutorial
- Krita’s Official website
- Krita’s Steam page
- Krita’s DA group
- Krita Foundation on tumblr
David Revoy has been making tutorials and resources for Krita, available on his website. If you are new to Krita, make sure to visit his place for some useful tips and brushes! Please visit David’s website.
29909 Notes/ Hide
- fairy-seeking-home likes this
- igotthereferencesyouneed reblogged this from batbanananom
- graceafur likes this
- cyroken reblogged this from t3chnoblasts
- jokuun likes this
- little-kiki-kitten reblogged this from tysontan
- sailordorite likes this
- bass-m0nst3r likes this
- unforgettableunicornopolis reblogged this from prrb
- rayraythecarrot likes this
- rayraythecarrot reblogged this from softapricots
- madhatterjin likes this
- caprimon reblogged this from xnowherex
- softapricots reblogged this from xnowherex
- aceattorneylove reblogged this from lamppudraws
- aceattorneylove likes this
- littlemapleleaf likes this
- tea-art-love-life reblogged this from pirouette-off-the-fucking-handle
- shota-bearz likes this
- midknightshadow reblogged this from artiststoolbox
- update-me likes this
- kyzuna likes this
- nerith likes this
- blizzardxthexicexwolf likes this
- ranger-of-the-ncr likes this
- lordblackquill likes this
- keisugaysartreferenceblog reblogged this from keisugay
- itsxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo likes this
- saezu reblogged this from saezu
- shadderedviolets reblogged this from tysontan
- tragic-lesbians likes this
- considerthesquid reblogged this from fatal-oxymorasm
- 0ilililil0 likes this
- dalekism reblogged this from kiaito
- utrinqueparatus likes this
- midevillombax likes this
- wonderfullywandering-alone likes this
- minuet-of-forest likes this
- morganalafee reblogged this from tantoun
- luokuo likes this
- breathe-smile likes this
- verydisagreeable likes this
- penguinzlove likes this
- glitchedautomaton reblogged this from sdark391
- christomwow likes this
- we-are-gamers-united likes this
- theunicorndinosaur likes this
- antianimation reblogged this from nikkynemo